Answer Lady
Frolics and Detours e-mailed me with some great tips she found on her exam instruction sheet. Well, yeah, if you're going to be all logical about it....
Anyway, so I dug out my instruction sheet. Here are the answers to some of my burning questions.
- We are permitted to bring a floppy disk drive and a mouse and a keyboard, if we wish. (A keyboard! I didn't even think of that. Think I'll stick with the laptop keyboard anyway.)
- We may NOT bring our own floppy disks for backup. They will provide us with backup disks, which we must return to them at the end of the day.
- I was mistaken. We do not get to use our laptops for the P&E, only the MPT and Essays. So there are in fact TWO files for the essays, one labeled "A.M." and one "P.M." That answers my question about what happens during lunch on day 3. They suggest carrying our laptop with us to lunch that day.
- It appears we need to seek special dispensation to have medication in the testing room with us. This sucks, as I would otherwise have preferred to keep some Aleve on hand just in case.
- Items (besides those listed above) we can bring into the exam room: admission ticket, photo ID, pens, pencils, highlighters, silent timers, ear plugs. We may store these in a transparent ziploc bag if we desire.
- Things we can't bring in: purses, backpacks, food, beverages. I'm assuming this also includes laptop bags???? So, what, we just come wandering in holding our laptops in our hands? Dumb.
- Apparently we are permitted to leave if we need a bathroom break, but it sounds onerous enough that I'd suggest avoiding that at all costs. That shouldn't be too hard, since we can't bring any beverages in....
- They will give us scratch paper for the MPT only. We are not permitted the use of scratch paper for any other section.