Saturday, June 9, 2007

Untameable

An unexpected issue with the short hair has been my inability to pull it back out of my face. It was supposed to be long enough to at least get my bangs out of the way, but it's just a little bit too short in some layers for that to work.

Meanwhile, I've noticed that headbands are making a comeback. I have fond memories of my headband-wearing days of yore, so I figured it might be a solution to my little problem. I ran to the store, and in typical excessive fashion, bought 3,923 of them.

And so it was that, my heart alight with joy, I placed the sacred band upon my head.

All looked good. For a minute.

Then, slowly at first, then faster and faster, my hair began to appear from underneath the headband. The band trembled, fought valiantly, but soon began inching up off my head.

Finally, with an audible SPROING, it popped off and went flying, narrowly missing my little dog, who ran off crying.

Sigh. Anyone want 3,923 headbands?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Headbands make me feel like my brain is being squished. But I also remember the old days when i was just a wee danielle and they were comfy. Misty watercolored mem'ries.

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing tonight with hair clips. I think I bought 30 tonight. I have a feeling that within a week they will just be little plastic things that I step on in the middle of the night. Oh well, at least it will give me a good reason to swear.