Week in Review
Sunday: Eat yummy dinner at brother's house; Baby A bosses me around and makes me sit on her tiny rocking horse (giant fat ass will one day surely break it).
Monday: Spend evening swimming.
Tuesday: Make strawberry daiquiris and watch The Devil Wears Prada.
Wednesday: At long last, fix laptop following last month's crash.
Thursday: Work really late.
Friday: Harry Potter party.
Saturday: Swim; Baby A bosses me around. Read Harry Potter.
Sunday: Swim; Baby A bosses me around. Nap on sofa; Baby A finds new victim.
Monday: Catch up with Internet surfing missed during week of media blackout.
THE POINT BEING:
One year ago, I spent the week freaking out, studying all night, hyperventilating, downing Mountain Dew, shaking, contemplating failure, embracing failure, gritty-eyed, trembling, nauseated, borderline insane, all the way insane, this is the way the world ends, O cruel fate why do you torment me so.
In short, I was about to take the bar exam.
Life is good.
2 comments:
I thought about that too this weekend, and today, I looked at my watch and thought, one year ago I was a miserable bar exam taker. Today, I am a not so miserable cranky at my client lawyer. I must have done something right!
Of course, on FRIDAY I found myself bemoaning my fate...there I was, poor me, working like a maniac, when a year ago I lounged in bed until 1 in the afternoon and had a full two months of glorious freedom, and a fabulous bar trip, to look forward to.
It didn't help that I happened to glance at the clock right at 1 p.m. or so, when I felt like I'd already worked a year in that day.
Post a Comment