Oh, it is. Fortunately, I didn't have to pay that much. First the insurance company cuts the amount down, then they pay their portion of it ("Paid by Plan"), leaving me to pay the amounts agreed under my plan (up to the deductible amount, and then the copay up to the out-of-pocket maximum). I have met both limits this year....
Oh, I did have a point. Which is, imagine if you DON'T have insurance and receive that bill in the mail with no way to cut it down but to declare bankruptcy (I'm not up on current bankruptcy law, so I'm not even sure if you can wipe out medical debts now anyway)....
4 comments:
Gotta love healthcare.
I still read your blog, too. Whatever its about. Remember the good old days when we had time and energy to blog?
Oh my God! I hope that isn't your bill.
Oh, it is. Fortunately, I didn't have to pay that much. First the insurance company cuts the amount down, then they pay their portion of it ("Paid by Plan"), leaving me to pay the amounts agreed under my plan (up to the deductible amount, and then the copay up to the out-of-pocket maximum). I have met both limits this year....
Oh, I did have a point. Which is, imagine if you DON'T have insurance and receive that bill in the mail with no way to cut it down but to declare bankruptcy (I'm not up on current bankruptcy law, so I'm not even sure if you can wipe out medical debts now anyway)....
Post a Comment