Sunday, March 2, 2008

No Caffeine for Old Men

Okay, so this is in direct contravention to my previous post, but a few days ago I began severely restricting the amount of caffeine I drink.

I used to have some Diet Coke during the day at work, maybe some tea, but ever since I was sick, the taste of Diet Coke just doesn't appeal to me anymore. (I wasn't drinking anything but water and milk then, and by the time I felt better, it just seemed too syrupy.)

Of course, I still enjoy a certain caffeinated beverage at night – as some of you who followed me from my previous blog may recall – and I would drink, oh, two or three or ten a night. Fine, maybe not ten, but as many as five a night. And then just water all day at work. And EVERY frigging workday, I get a headache in the afternoon.

It wasn't until I went out to lunch and drank a ton of iced tea – and had NO headache that day – that it occurred to me that there might be a connection. Withdrawal hurts.

I decided to limit myself to one Most Delicious Caffeinated Beverage in the World That Shall Go Unnamed Here for Anonymity Purposes per day. I hope to reap great health-related rewards in the near future.

But meanwhile, my world is a dark and bleak place.

No comments: