Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Go Psych Yourself

The word around BarBri is that certain people are lying about their study habits in order to either 1) freak everyone out, or 2) convince others they shouldn't study. So people who've been observed partying claim to study 12 hours every day, and people who claim to never study are actually members of the psychotic Nazi study group.

People. Seriously. What is wrong with you? Are you that terribly insecure about your own abilities that you honestly think this will help?

Losers.

And while I'm at it, please, for the love of all that is holy, the word is "psych," as in so-old-it's-creaking slang, as in ha-ha I got you PSYCH! Not psyche, a TWO-syllable word that does not mean "psych!" If you type "psyche" in this context you are in no way cool-groovy-hip enough to be using it. Yeah, I'm talking to you, stupid local mini-newspaper that's trying to appeal to twentysomethings on the train. I mock your efforts!



Update: For the record, here's what I did this afternoon: