Bring It On, MBE
Supposedly I now know everything I need to know for the MBE. I've at least attended all the MBE-related BarBri lectures. So I'm all set, right?
Chemerinsky was here yesterday for Con Law. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. He wasn't nearly as annoying as I'd been led to believe. I appreciated the effort he made to be funny -- whether he actually was or not is debatable, but come on, it's not exactly easy to extract high comedy out of black-letter law. He made the requisite crack about the location. Yes, we get it. It sucks.
I had no idea that he is actually this Chemerinsky. Here is my reaction to this news.
Eight hours of nonstop barlicious fun was a bit much, I'll grant you. I definitely found my attention wandering. For the most part, though, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had that kind of gritted-teeth patience you have to rely on to get through a long international flight. Hey, nobody wants to be there, and it's going to seem like it lasts forever, but there's nothing anybody can do about that so we might as well just sit back and try to make the best of our situation.
I finally returned home at about 7 and discovered several increasingly frantic messages from my parents (also on my cellphone, which I turned off the better to NOT MISS A SINGLE SECOND of Con Law edification). They had no idea I was at BarBri all day and, unable to reach me, became convinced I was Lying Dead in a Ditch Somewhere.
So that was fun. Especially the part where my mom burst into my house a few minutes after I had arrived and thought I was an intruder because of course I couldn't me be because I was, you'll recall, dead and stuff.
But the part that's even sadder is that I was all touched that they cared. :-P
Meanwhile, I think the Train Gods decided to punish me for daring to criticize the state of public transportation in this city. I lost my train pass. And I maybe-probably-won't be riding the train anymore, but what if I, er, change my mind? I would like to have my train pass that enables me to ride for free, because riding for free is nice and paying is not.
Furthermore, I may really need it. The chances of me actually being able to find the BarPit on Tuesday are slim. I caught a ride with C yesterday because I figured I could learn the directions by watching her. Well, first of all we decided to save money by parking in Canada, which was great because the parking was free but bad because we were in Canada. And even if I wanted to park in Canada myself, I don't have a clue how to get there, what with C expertly zipping up and down little streets that appeared out of nowhere and roaring past guys doing construction and then there was that part where it began raining really hard and hailing and she was driving really fast and I had to cover my eyes because please God I am too young to die!
So I don't know if I'll actually be able to find it.
Fortunately C found my train pass in her living room.
On my way to C's in the morning, I discovered that there is, in fact, a tear in the space-time continuum in which all laws of physics and sanity are turned upside down. C lives really really far away from me, like really far, like miles and miles. I decided to take a particular route to her place that I've never used before. So I got on the highway and started switching lanes so I could get over to the left because I have The Road Rage and like to drive fast.
Except I looked over, and there was the exit! The first one after I got on! In fact, the entrance ramp I had just used actually turns into the exit ramp I needed.
Who knew?