Day One, Not So Fun
One day down, two to go! It's a bit frustrating to go through all that anxiety over parts of the exam that are worth only a smaller portion of the total score. C was telling her husband about the testing today and how it was our easiest day. After she listed all the topics tested, he responded incredulously, "THAT'S the easy day????"
Yes, yes it was. The MPT was great. I was hoping hoping hoping it would be a memo, and it was. Thank God. I chugged along a little slowly, had to zip through the last portion in the last prong of my analysis in 5 minutes, but I covered everything required, so I think I did okay but not the Very Best Ever. So what. Good enough is good enough.
The P&E, as anticipated, contained stuff I just didn't know, but it also had plenty on there that I DID know. I think I managed the 70% correct we were told to aim for. I did have to totally B.S. my way through most of the questions that asked "when must this or that be filed?" Yeah, I didn't bother learning that. 45 days, 30 days, 90 days after the 40 days after the Monday after the previous Saturday after the last holiday of the month of the bad moon rising...whatever.
So I feel good, but...miles to go before I sleep.
I could have done without the harping from the proctor. "You people need to be here and IN YOUR SEATS by 8 a.m.! No exceptions tomorrow!" Bitch bitch bitch. She brought it up at least 15 times. When the test was running later than it was supposed to, she said, "It's too bad some of you are so inconsiderate -- if you had been here on time, we wouldn't have gotten behind."
FOR THE RECORD...almost everyone was there by 7:30 at the latest. The line was incredible. It snaked back and forth and all around the building, and it moved slooooowly. I didn't get in the room until 8:10. So, what? I should camp out overnight like it's an American Idol audition? Yeah. That's gonna happen.
I'm not so sure about the hotel. It's frigging LOUD. I'm many stories up, but I still hear the music blasting by the pool. Last night they had a giant movie screen down there showing Finding Nemo. Loud. Loudloudloud. "Bloop blooooop [whale noises whale noises] blooooooooop! Neeeeemoooo!" And it went on until 11:30 at night. That's so wrong.
In the future, you foolish yet hardy souls who will one day be taking the bar, make sure to request a quiet room. Maybe they could place you even higher up in the building, and try to ensure there isn't a family of 10 shrieky monkeys next door to you. (Who stayed up until 1!!!!!!!!)
Some unfortunate individual found my blog this morning by searching for "California lost my bar exam admission ticket." Wow. I am sorry to hear that, California bar-taker. I hope you got it straightened out!