Thursday, July 20, 2006

Democratic Cannibalism and You

I just finished the sample full-length MBE in the blue PMBR book (last year's). The very last question involved my very favorite area of the law. The open mines doctrine? No, love it though I do, if you've been reading my blog for any period of time you should know that of course it's defensible cannibalism due to necessity!

Well, I have good news for you. When you're in that boat lost at sea and you're all starving and you're thinking, gosh, I feel like eating Fred, you CAN, yes, you can. But you can't just kill Fred. That's not nice. We are a nation of laws, founded on great principles of justice and order and liberal democracy. It's a beautiful thing.

So before you eat Fred, you have to draw lots. And you have to risk the eating of your very own personal self. But do that, and all is forgiven.

God, I love the bar exam.