Things That Suck More Than Studying for the Bar
[Update: I have been privately informed that this post is all depressing and stuff. Just so you know.]
I kind of enjoy thinking up things that would be worse. Better than getting pissed at people I think have it easier than me, like that whiny stay-at-home mom who had an entire article in yesterday's paper devoted to how totally hard it is to have to drive her kids to their summer activities. She, like, has to keep snacks in the car because, like, it's soooo totally hard to find time to eat and omigod what if she gets hungry!
Okay, getting annoyed again....
So, the list. What do you think?
- There's that whole category of death-dying-pain-injury-illness that I'd rather not delve into.
- Studying for/taking the first set of 1L finals.
- Fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, other field of war.
- Living in a place like that, or any other third-world country.
- Giving birth. (Though it would be a lot shorter than the weeks of studying, I think childbirth alone would outrank it, not even counting the months of pregnancy.)
- Getting divorced.
- Losing a loved one.
- Hearing that a loved one is seriously ill. (And all the attendant struggles, moving on again because I thought I wasn't going to dwell on this area.)
- Living in poverty. Even just not having enough money to cover your reasonable needs.
- Being depressed.
- Going to medical school. ;)
- Being miserable at work for months on end.
- Losing a job you desperately need and not being able to find a new one.
- Losing your job, period, if you would have preferred to stay there.
- Being sued.
- Being the victim of a crime. Even something "minor," like having your home burglarized.
- Losing your home.
That's enough for now. It's done its purpose: I definitely feel pretty good about sitting here learning con crim pro this rainy Wednesday afternoon. :)