Lovely
A few years ago, my cousin went through a couple of periods of unemployment. (It was a tough run of luck. Her law firms collapsed -- prominent, stable firms when she joined them. I told her she needed to stop embezzling....)
I asked her how she was doing, and she said to me, "I love being unemployed. I'm a really lovely person when I don't have a job." Never in her life had she been so patient, so kind to small children and animals, so filled with a sense of all the world's splendor.
So my point is...I think I'm doing it wrong. It's been a week and I am still filled with RAGE AT THE WORLD! I went to the grocery store today and considered ramming my cart into people who dared to get in my way. I wanted to lecture the teenage girl who left her cart in the middle of the parking lot (AND her mother who let her do so without blinking an eye).
Maybe I haven't been a lady of leisure long enough. Give me a couple of weeks, I guess. Although I figure I'll begin freaking out about going to work at least a couple of weeks before I actually do. Plus I need to freak out about my vacation. Plus I'll freak out during my vacation. So that's 2 weeks before the job, 2 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks before vacation...6 weeks total...so that starts...um...RIGHT ABOUT NOW!
I cooked a fabulous meal tonight. I can't remember the last time I did this. My parents have a houseguest, and they wanted her to see my house. I offered to make them all dinner. I made quiche from scratch and a bunch of other things not from scratch. Plus lots and lots of wine.
I could get used to a life like this.