Like a Skunk
I recently told someone I'd never been really officially drunk before – like really drunk, like hangover drunk.
I am sad to report that is no longer the case.
It started, as these things often do, very innocently. I was in pain (you don't want details), OTC pills didn't work, and I'm trying to steer clear of the mega pills whenever possible. "Why," I thought to myself, in my best Little Women mental impression, "I shall partake of spirits medicinally!"
One vodka later, I was still feeling cruddy.
Another vodka down, and I felt a little bit better, but still not great.
So I went to the place I have never before gone...the third vodka. Mmm-hmm, that did the trick. Definitely feeling no pain.
Reeled my way off to bed. Woke up two hours later. Due to, ya know, the barfing and stuff. And the getting up in the morning while still drunk? Not so fun. Oh, and the splitting headache? Don't recommend it.
Hangovers suck.
3 comments:
Warning signs:
Do you drink alone?
Do you drink to deminish pain?
Do you walk up still drunk?
If you've answered yes to any of the questions above, you may have a drinking problem. Please seek help immediately.
:)
Due to a certain incident which shall be referred to as my bridesmaid retirement party, I once had a hangover that lasted for several days. Honestly, I believe that I crossed the sacred threshold into alcohol poisoning that evening. Lesson: If you are barely five feet tall, that does not mean that you can handle four cosmos at the reception. But I understand your pain. :)
I think that means emotional pain, Ags. :-P
And I wasn't alone. All my personalities were there.
AND I most certainly wouldn't have woken up drunk if I hadn't had to wake up. So there.
Post a Comment