Some Other Me
I visited my college's website the other day to look something up. I ended up looking through the course schedule and was surprised by the pang of loss that hit me. I wanted so much to erase the past few years and find myself back there again, 19 and happy and not nearly so stuck.
I wanted to feel the heat radiating off the ugly concrete architecture and the icy blast of the classrooms in the summer. I wanted to bubble in answers to multiple choice questions, answers that I knew because I studied and back then, you know, that was the point of tests, for you to be able to answer questions if you knew the material. I wanted to be the person who believed she would meet the love of her life any day. I wanted to be the person who could have become some other person.
Time goes by too fast. I was that person a breath ago, and then suddenly I wasn't.
Dang. I need a margarita!
No comments:
Post a Comment