Well, Something's Tingling
I wish people would give poor Spider-Man 3 a break. I saw it last weekend, and I liked it just fine, thankyewverramuch.
It was entertaining and exciting. It rounded out and resolved issues from the previous movies in, I felt, a satisfying way (no spoilers here, though).
Yes, it had a whole lotta villains, but I didn't find it confusing, as some reviews have suggested, though maybe that comes from who knows how many years of superhero media immersion. Ho hum, any episode of Smallville could outdo it in that arena. Besides, I liked the fact that the whole movie didn't SO focus on a single villain, which can get dull (and would have, as none were so compelling – think the Joker – that they could carry the movie). I got a little tired of the villain from movie 2...yeah, yeah, I get it, you have lots of arms and are full of the angst. Yawn.
I'll concede that it wasn't on par with the first two movies, which were just so great and unusual, especially the second one (annoying octopus dude excepted). But part of what made #2 so good was the fact that it went to that place that a lot of movies wouldn't – the whole loss-of-power storyline, the big reveals, the way Peter actually got the unattainable girl. The fact that people found out who he was made for great cinema, but the letdown in #3 was inevitable...the buildup is always more fun than the aftermath (seriously, didn't Frasier kind of suck once Daphne and Niles got together? Yes, I'm still watching the reruns at midnight).
Anyway, I seem to have lost my point, so I'll just say that I had a good time watching it. What more could you ask for?
No comments:
Post a Comment