Festive Frenzy

I think I am slowly going insane. Except by slowly, I mean "really quickly."
I've been running around like nuts all week, and in particular all day today. There is work to be done and deadlines that must be met and things that clients must sign by Christmas Day but OOPS ha ha they are going on vacation starting Thursday afternoon so gee, can't you just shoot the stuff their way right now? Hmmmm, maybe if they had actually responded to my numerous other communications over the last 6 months about this issue, then golly, I might have it ready, but now? NOW I need to prepare these things from start to finish along with all the other people's things and we had a firm-wide section conference/powwow all day today so when I am going to find time to do things hmm maybe RIGHT NOW? Guess so.
And I had to bake a cake tonight because I promise things I can't deliver. And then I did a favor for my brother whom I love. And I still have to clean up the cake stuff in the kitchen and for some crazed reason I decided -- on MONDAY -- to have a Christmas party -- on FRIDAY -- so that is just adding to the stress. And if you're coming to the party that includes people from work please use discretion with respect to issues you raise about me about which work people might be unaware, up to and including the existence of this blog because otherwise I might have to kill you and that would also cause me STRESS.
Oh, and a client offered this great deal for the purchase of a certain item that I decided I wanted to get my dad for Christmas, thinking I could just go pick up the item at one of client's many convenient locations. But then client informed me that I had to go to client's headquarters, which are Far Away, oh, and only during these two hours Thursday afternoon, not a problem, riiiiight? So I have to be at work at 6 a.m. tomorrow so that I can leave really early to pick up the thing which is being offered at a pretty awesome price but I'm starting to think I'd rather pay extra and avoid the trouble plus it's big and so I had to borrow a bigger car. From my dad. Whose gift it is. Who is now being inconvenienced for the sake of his own gift.
And for some reason I can't stop shaking. I can't imagine why!
I can't wait for the holiday. Then I'll have nothing to do all day except relax. And buy presents, wrap presents, bake ten different types of cookies, cook Christmas dinner, run around to all the appointments I put off all year and finally managed to schedule, get my hair cut, do some landscaping, find a cure for cancer, bring about world peace....
2 comments:
Don't forget that it takes you ten hours to open presents.
Turn on the tree lights, buy yourself some stained glass bulbs, and don't even think about cleaning your house.
Post a Comment