Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Elegy for an Eggroll

O my town's eggrolls
You taste so bad.
I wish I could love you
But you make me sad.

I would like to eat you
But instead I just cry.
Why can't you taste good?
"Why?" I wail. "Why?"

I've been to Chicago.
Their eggrolls are yummy!
But instead I live here
Where eggrolls are crummy.

Those Chicago eggrolls
Have fried dough for a shell.
The filling is heaven.
Here eggrolls are hell.

The shells are too thin.
The filling is yucky.
I'd eat them for dinner
If they weren't so sucky.

A Chicago eggroll
Puts me in a good mood.
I've eaten eggrolls here.
Those are days that I've rued.

But I'm not giving up.
I won't be bitter.
I want tasty eggrolls
And I'm not a quitter.

And so I now have
a question or two.
If you know a good eggroll
Please tell me, won't you?

3 comments:

Misplaced Texan said...

I don't have any egg roll ideas, but I just have to say I love your poem. Our English teacher would be proud

Anonymous said...

Bless you, dear woman. This made my day. I assure you, Vegas eggrolls suck just as bad.

Make Mine a Triple said...

TX Girl -- I sincerely doubt that makes ANYONE proud....