Tuesday, August 1, 2006

The Difference a Week Makes

You know all is right with the world when your big problem is what to pack for your bar trip.

We're talking two weeks...no access to laundry facilities...think three pairs of socks each day alone (one for the shore excursion, one for exercise, one for hanging around on the ship), plus extras just in case the sock monster strikes...that's a good 45 pairs of socks! I'll need an entire suitcase just for socks! I don't even own that many socks!!!! I probably won't even wear socks with most outfits!!!!!!!



I've been having post-bar nightmares. I didn't have a single nightmare on point in the weeks leading up to it (only the metaphorical variety). Now I can't escape it. Last night I found myself bogged down in the MBEs. I think I had done 6 and and an entire hour had passed.

I had a particularly cruel one a few days ago. I realized I had completely missed the "call of the question" in an essay. Oh no! But then I realized I had time to fix it! Oh yes! But then I realized time was up after all! Oh no!

The worst part is, when I wake up, I don't feel that sweet sense of relief that it was only a dream. I fear that the end result, whether in my dream or in reality, will be the same.