It's a Delicacy
So, I've got a little bit of the OCD. Maybe you didn't know that about me. (Or maybe you DID, if you subscribe to my Atom feed. Which I thought I had disabled, but in reality I only succeeded in removing the link from my site. So you know how I can't leave each post alone, and keep editing and editing and editing, and you keep getting the same post over and over and over OMG I'm so embarrassed.)
Anyway. Back to the OCD. It's gotten a lot better. I owe it all to law school. When you spend three years mired in that long dark tea-time of the soul, little things tend to fall away. Like reading novels, getting together with non-law school friends, and suffering from a mental illness.
So I guess law school cures mental illnesses! Although word on the street is that it causes mental illnesses. Hm. I guess law school cures your pre-existing mental illnesses and then supplies you with shiny new ones.
Here's the thing. I'm pretty sure we're all eating bugs every day. Spiders, roaches, assorted other nasties, all ground up in the processed foods we buy. Think you're safe because you only eat your own organically grown foods? Ha. Ha. Ha.
And I'm okay with that, now. Bugs are nutritious, and what I don't know can't hurt me.
If I ever needed proof of how much my OCD tendencies have diminished, last night surely provided it. I was eating take-out. It was good. I mean, really good. Yum yum yum. So...I find a bug in my food.
I picked it out and threw it away. And then I continued eating.
I am cured!