Swag
One of the best things about being sick (besides the week off work – did I mention that I got a week off work?) has been all the fabulous prizes I've won.
People are really, really nice when you get sick. I don't know if it would have occurred to me to be so thoughtful for something "minor" like an appendectomy (that is, it's minor if it happens to someone else, but TOTALLY LIFE-CHANGING HORRIBLE SHOCKING OMIGOD THE TRAAAAGEDY when it happens to me). But now that I know how great and special it made me feel, I will definitely bring on the goods.
Even the hospital sent me off with wonderful parting gifts. True, said gifts consisted of such things as little molded plastic basins that, though never used, are doubtful to be welcomed in my home as an alternative fruit basket. I was still thrilled to take them.
(At right, a lovely bouquet from C and K.)
3 comments:
I haven't gotten anything for my cold. You're so friggin lucky! Nobody loves me enough!
Hope you are feeling better!
Keep the basin, it's good for giving yourself a footbath!
Oh and congrats on your week off of work. Too bad I couldn't be your nurse!
Post a Comment